Buying More Tools
|This is the silicone (heat-resistant) cable version for extra safety.
Do not use the small metal folding stand that comes with the iron.
See the next item for a much safer alternative stand.
|Soldering Iron Stand
|Small, pointy nose
|Omega II 99C Fast Flow Flux 2% Lead/Rosin Free /
|We recommend lead-free and rosin-free (colophony-free) solder for use in schools.
|Heat Resistant Mat
|Antex B005030 /
|For the yellow Antex irons used in our newer kits
|For the black Xytronic irons used in our older kits
|Purple Storage Box
|Gratnells Extra Deep Tray Purple
|Lid for Purple Box
Summer Soldering Workshops
20th June 2023
35 teachers from 29 schools came to three soldering workshops across Scotland in May and June 2023.
Teachers took away Lighting Up Starter Kits and Rampaging Chariot robot kits from workshops held at St Sylvester's RC Primary School in Elgin, Dumfries House in Cumnock, and Edinburgh Laser Optics in Penicuik.
- "Absolutely amazing - the best CLPL session I have ever attended!"
- "The hands-on nature will ensure I 'can do' when back in the classroom."
- "I was engrossed while figuring out the soldering and believe my pupils will be too."
- "The supply of kits/resources is fantastic and removes a major barrier to getting this type of project up and running."
- "Brilliant course. Very passionate + knowledgeable leaders!"
Thank you to the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) for sponsoring the kits that teachers took back to school, and to St Sylvester's RC Primary School, Dumfries House and Edinburgh Laser Optics for hosting the workshops.