Printable Instruction Book
Here are the instructions for assembling our circuits, in PDF format. It takes eight A4 pages to print.
How to Solder Slides
Here are the slides we use at our CPD workshop to illustrate the basics of soldering. You are welcome to use them with your class.
Buying More Tools
See our Tools page for more details.
Summer Soldering Workshops
20th June 2023
35 teachers from 29 schools came to three soldering workshops across Scotland in May and June 2023.
Teachers took away Lighting Up Starter Kits and Rampaging Chariot robot kits from workshops held at St Sylvester's RC Primary School in Elgin, Dumfries House in Cumnock, and Edinburgh Laser Optics in Penicuik.
- "Absolutely amazing - the best CLPL session I have ever attended!"
- "The hands-on nature will ensure I 'can do' when back in the classroom."
- "I was engrossed while figuring out the soldering and believe my pupils will be too."
- "The supply of kits/resources is fantastic and removes a major barrier to getting this type of project up and running."
- "Brilliant course. Very passionate + knowledgeable leaders!"
Thank you to the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) for sponsoring the kits that teachers took back to school, and to St Sylvester's RC Primary School, Dumfries House and Edinburgh Laser Optics for hosting the workshops.